The important things in short and humanly readable form:
- Personally identifiable information is only collected if you interact with our chat or if you fill in the contact form
- We don’t share your personal information such as name, e-mail & company with 3rd parties, except if you count our e-mail and chat services as 3rd parties
- If you’d like to have your personal data erased, you can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we remove all information you have previously sent us from our systems
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you fill in the contact form through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, e-mail address and company. We refer to this information as “Contact Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Contact Information that we collect generally to fulfill any requests placed through the contact form. Additionally, we use this Contact Information to:
- Communicate with you
- Screen our requests for potential risk or fraud
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill requests (for example if you make an inquiry through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Your information will not be transferred outside of Europe.
When you make a request through the Site, we will maintain your Contact Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
GenLots SA, Rue Louis-de-Savoie 56, 1110, Switzerland